It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: TRUEBLOOD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:54 pm 

New vampire series starts this Sunday night at 9 p.m. on HBO. Based on the Southern Vampire book series. Anna Pacquin stars as a young woman, Sookie, who can read minds.....but not the minds of vamps. I read the first 4 books and then got tired of the inanely stupid female lead character. I have a problem with how most authors portray the female protagonist in some book series. I may read another book in the series when Emums tells me that Sookie gets some brains. Anyhoo, it's produced or written by the same guy who did SIX FEET UNDER so I am hoping for a better story and HBO usually does a fine job when producing a cable series.

By the way, I adored the blond hair 'bad boy' vamp over the dark haired brooding Neanderthal vamp. Go figure ;) :lol:

Post subject: Re: TRUEBLOOD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:52 pm 

Getting ready to watch it now!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:01 am 

Ok, I already dig this :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:27 am 

I thought that it was a bit choppy but first episodes for a new series can be very choppy. It shows promise if the cast gels a bit better. Loved the actress who plays Tara. Goodness...enough nudity and sex :twisted: My mother drooled over vamp Bill but I think he is so-so.

I wasn't going to watch ENTOURAGE but I did. I think I'm hooked again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:41 pm 

I have no use for Entourage.

Oh yes, Bill the vamp was pretty attractive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:01 pm 

Boo, I want to see this show but don't have HBO. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm 

I'm thinking of maybe downloading the show since I don't have HBO... but I don't know. I read the first book in this series and absolutely HATED it. There are very few books that I can honestly say I hated, and this was one of them. So I don't know if I should give the show a try or not.

Has anybody read any of the books and seen it? Can you tell me if Sookie isn't as stupid and in the show as she is in the books? 'Cause if she's still stupid, I won't even try.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:45 am 

I want to see it as well. I have to wait for the DVD or do the download thing as well.

Man ...

I need a good vamp series.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 am 

VL - Read what I said above. I quit reading the books because of the 'stupid' factor. I'll continue to watch the series hoping that they write Sookie better. If the author has a say in the writing, then........................ :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:51 am 

Hey all, I've seen the unaired pilot - not sure how much was changed to what you lot have seen. We don't even have a ETA for it yet :? . I found the unaired version like a British/HBO slow paced & you must watch to get rewarded type deal of pacing. I'm being forgiving since pilot & all (plus I enjoyed Six Feet Under).

Anna Paquin I found to be an interesting casting & am hoping it works. So far not impressed by the Bill character - again being very forgiving (cause I'm like that LMAO).

Read all the books. I find the books the equivalent of popcorn books. I try not to get too distracted by Sookie's awareness & I've also had some erm, hurdles isn't right but it's heading into that arena, where I've obviously missed some "Americanisms" type stuff.

Was interesting how little they did in the pilot to the first book per se, so I'm wondering if they are going to 'do a Dexter' in the 1 book = 1 season deal. Unsure. I know Harris has had a look but I don't think she is way too deep in the making of it.

Having said that.....this is taken from Harris' website.

"""I think we've already seen in the first episode that Alan Ball will verge significantly away from the books while trying to retain the "spirit" of the story. In addition, Charlaine is credited with only six of the scripts, so I assume that means that the remaining episodes are primarily of someone else's invention. He is already focusing on certain characters and inventing others--Tara comes immediately to mind, and I can't see him doing away with Lafayette, though we could be surprised. He has said in interviews that what he hopes for is that the "show takes on a life of its own" and that implies to me that he will definitely veer in other directions.

1931 duckpond100 2008-09-11 09:05
I believe there will be 12 or 13 episodes. I met Michelle Forbes at the party, and unless I'm mistaken (and I met a great many people that night) she told me she is playing the maenad and asked for insights in to the character. The first season is sticking with "Dead Until Dark," but I have no inkling of what future seasons will contain . . . I just hope there will be some. Whether he sticks with the books or not, I look forward to some good television.
Charlaine Harris""""

So, um...........what I said re Dexter :shock: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next