It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twilight
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:25 pm 

re Jacob - they can do amazing things with boxes, trenches, and CGI (which will be in play regardless because, hello, Big Wolf).

Am trading my Eclipse for friend's daughter's Breaking Dawn on Friday. Whee.

Still not sure I want to watch the movie, but I'll add it to my netflix cue anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 pm 

I was talking to one of my son's (oldest) friends who comes to visit when she can. Caroline works at Borders and she is absolutely livid that women are coming in and 'ONLY buying stupid vampire books'. I just looked at her with wide guilty eyes until she said...'the world is doomed with all these dumbass women and their love of TWILIGHT' :lol: I guess this is a common and secret sentiment among the Border employees.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:41 pm 

Okay. Finished Breaking Dawn today.

Escapism, thou art my enemy.

Some very unexpected twists and surprises. Very enjoyable overall. Glad the saga is over, however. Of course, there's always the possibility of another book 6-1/2 years into the future. But I don't think so.

My ex-brother-in-law gave my 8 year old niece Twilight for Xmas. Glad she had no interest in it and it now lives securely under my sister-in-laws bed. Eight is just a bit young for this series. Perhaps when she is older. Mostly, none of us want to explain the romantic parts. She's had most of the birds and bees talk, but this would take us into greater question territory (resulting in me saying the dreaded phrase, "go ask you mother").

Guess I'll watch the movie when it drops on DVD. Maybe a friend or two will rewatch it with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:04 pm 

Myth - So was your son's friend assuming that women who read Twilight never read anything else? And really, they're Borders employees...they have to be disgruntled about something. ;)

So the latest casting gossip is that Dakota Fanning will likely be cast as Jane. I'm actually hoping this one is true. I hadn't thought about Dakota, but I think she could be an awesome Jane. She's a young actress who has proven she can actually act.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:43 pm 

Nobody has mentioned New Moon in my absence? Ok, I'll bring up the most important (to me) New Moon topic. Has anyone else seen Taylor Lautner's new body. OMG! My mouth dropped open, and I'm certain there was actual drool.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 am 

The New Moon theatrical poster just got released. I personally think it looks pretty cool.

http://blog.zap2it.com/.a/6a00d83451b92469e201156f9f867a970c-popup

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:39 pm 

Okay, this is a month late, but...

VAL! You cougar, you. I actually think that you can be arrested in some states for ogling 17 year olds. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 am 

That poster looks pretty damn sweet!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 am 

It makes me have hope that the movie might actually be good.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:48 pm 

Okay, finally saw the frakkin movie. It's taken me several attempts, including the send it back to netflix only to get it out again a few weeks later. And not that anyone cares, but...

Could we really have more stilted dialogue? (Let's hope New Moon gets over this.)

Could Taylor Lautner be younger and less sexy? (Let's hope he's looking older & hotter next go round.)(Team Jacob is feeling just a little disappointed.)(Okay, can't get over the fact that he really is only 17.)(Why this wasn't a problem when I was reading the book, I don't know.)

Am agreeing with Val that there should definitely be a naked scene in The Meadow. Shiny penises for everyone! That whole diamond effect was, well, he reminded me of the golden glitter bouncy ball my 3-year-old neighbor has. It's one of the gel filled balls that has glitter rolling around in it. Made me want to give Edward a good shake and bounce. (Get your mind out of the gutter Val.)

And, most importantly, when the hell did I become the "parents" in a teen flick. The 20-year-old in my mirror really hates this getting old business, even if it does beat the alternative.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next