It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The 2009 TV Fall Season
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:47 am 

Okay peeps, there are new programs starting so here's a thread to mention what you watched and if it is good, so so or just plain bad. Maybe we can find one to discuss and give a thread all it's own.

I'll start... :P

GLEE - Yep, I like it. It's fun, it's witty and the young actors seem to be really talented.

COMMUNITY - It was actually funny. There were some 'sight' gags that had me chuckling.

FRINGE - Season premiere. I don't remember the finale last season. Did Leonard Nimoy tell Olivia what to find????? I am a bit upset that her friend is dead and his likeness is now an 'other/alien' :cry: There was too little use of Mark Goss.

Post subject: Re: The 2009 TV Fall Season
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 pm 

Glee - I tried to watch what seemed to be a premiere BUT a banner across the bottom carried a constant string of remarks about the action being made by what appeared to be some rather immature juveniles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:19 pm 

I don't love "Glee", I don't hate it but I don't see the "brilliance" in it that people keep boasting. I LOVE Jane Lynch in it but that's really it. If I didnt DVR it, I wouldnt seek it out honestly.

"Community" was VERY VERY funny, that was a pleasant surprise for sure.

I don't watch Fringe, I think the blonde is horribly miscast. I think I wouldve liked it more if she wasnt on it but she made me lose interest last season so I stopped watching it, and "Pasty" was just there for snarky commentary and that wore on me quickly too.

I flatly refuse to watch that Vampire Diary bullshit. Twilight is poorly written crap and this is just a cheap imitation of that so F that garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 pm 

Actually, the Vampire Diary books were written at least 10 years before Twilight, so Twilight would be a cheap imitation of VD.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm 

I watched HEROES last night and all I can say is....meh. How could a program start out with such promise and become a mess? What is this season about? Redemption? Going back to basics and trying to be normal? Sylar kept me interested before but the stories are just so...meh. I did enjoy Clare's new college chum who wants to investigate Clare's rommate's suicide/murder.

LOST made me want to urp the last seasons but I may watch the new season. There is the promise that things will be explained and I am fascinated by Ben and I love Sawyer. Never could stand Jack. It took me by surprise when I found out that the actor who plays Ben is married to Carrie Preston who lays Arlene on TB.

I tend to watch HOUSE in the summer when there are re-runs. I was sad when they did the 'crazy' storyline. Argh.

I may watch THE GOOD WIFE tonight and DVR THE FORGOTTEN....a COLD CASE rip-off.

I say we start a thread for FLASH FORWARD. It's being hyped as series that is very discusable and there are clues every week. Yes? No?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:51 pm 

I tried to watch Mercy and meh but then I don't watch any of the pseudomedical shows so I may not be a good judge. They repeat the mistake BTVS made of having MT play a character who is less mature than MT and the other 2 main nurses sleep around too much.

Myth wanna bet on whether or not Clare's new chum is actually the one who killed her roommate.

Quote:
Never could stand Jack.
Ditto. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:13 pm 

Fogey - I am betting with you :P I bet the girl has powers that made the roommate jump from the window. For some reason she wants to get close to Clare.

MERCY was so very very mediocre. Gah. The only thing I thought was interesting was the black nurse and her unwanted attraction to the police officer. I knew I liked NURSE JACKIE on cable but I now know I freaking love NURSE JACKIE. They have the most adorable nurse in training on that show and her name is Zoe. Imagine me when MT's name is Chloe on MERCY. It just burns me to no end that NBC cancels LIFE for mediocre crap like MERCY.

Watched DOLLHOUSE because there was news that it has been improved for S2. So, all I can say about episode 1 of S2 is....huh? That was an incoherent mess.

Anyone else watch FLASH FORWARD? I think it has promise but I am nervous that it may be another LOST.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 pm 

Did anyone else watch Eastwick. I thought that it was OK, but it seems to be a fairly weak version of Charmed. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it gets any better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:47 pm 

Watched the premiere of "Stargate Universe". Is it possible to crew a space ship (cast a show) entirely with red shirts?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:32 pm 

Flash Forward has been decent. Also totally digging "Community", just pissed that they're putting it against Flash Forward so it will probably be cancelled.