It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Torchwood: Children of Earth
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm 

Holy shit, dude. I know John Barroman was upset that they're only doing these five episodes this year, but damn were those episodes goooooood.

Post subject: Re: Torchwood: Children of Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 am 

I agree Don. I was pretty tired of TW (except when JM was a guest star) but I applaud the 5 hour mini-series. It was well written, tight, suspenseful and dark....way dark. I was happy that the writers stayed away from all the omnisexual exploits of Capt. Jack. I never felt that this was more then shock value.

I am quite sure that another 5 part series is in the works. Think about it.....this was an excellent production and the DVD will be available soon if ot already. Great marketing.

I thought DR. WHO Planet of the Dead was good too. I liked the actress who played the short-lived (thank the Goddess) Bionic Woman was awesome and a great match for the Dr. Looks like Robert Tennant will not return as the Doctor after this Season.

On another note....I absolutely love PRIMEVAL and am totally bummed that it was canceled.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 pm 

OMG I think BBC has their heads up there asses.
They take too many great shows and trash them

I love TW and JB and JM's appearance was highlight for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 am 

Myth wrote:
I agree Don. I was pretty tired of TW (except when JM was a guest star) but I applaud the 5 hour mini-series. It was well written, tight, suspenseful and dark....way dark. I was happy that the writers stayed away from all the omnisexual exploits of Capt. Jack. I never felt that this was more then shock value.

I am quite sure that another 5 part series is in the works. Think about it.....this was an excellent production and the DVD will be available soon if ot already. Great marketing.

It is a great format for Torchwood and the like. However, John Barrowman looked at the 5-episode order as a punishment right after they moved to BBC1. I don't really know, though. They do things so differently in Britain, I don't know what's normal and what isn't.

Quote:
I thought DR. WHO Planet of the Dead was good too. I liked the actress who played the short-lived (thank the Goddess) Bionic Woman was awesome and a great match for the Dr. Looks like Robert Tennant will not return as the Doctor after this Season.

On another note....I absolutely love PRIMEVAL and am totally bummed that it was canceled.

Michelle Ryan was easily the best thing about Planet of the Dead. It royally sucks that she's saying she thinks her character worked better as a one-time guest star. I'm hoping she's just saying that to hide the fact that she's coming back.

I tried Primeval, but couldn't get into it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:29 pm 

Don - I watched PRIMEVAL just for the heck of it and 'the dinosaur of the week' but then came the government conspiracy along with Helen separate agenda. It was getting sooooooooooo good and then cancellation :cry:

About TW. I found it rather boring with the weekly 'monster' and the who or what Capt Jack would get groiny with. The 5 hour miniseries was wonderful and IMHO saved TW for me and I don't think it was punishment at all. I probably would have skipped TW this season if it went on like before unless, of course, if JM was guest starring again. I would have been curious to see if Tosh and Owen were 'resurrected' though. I am making a bet that if there is another TW miniseries that Lois will become a member of the team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:53 am 

Myth wrote:
Don - I watched PRIMEVAL just for the heck of it and 'the dinosaur of the week' but then came the government conspiracy along with Helen separate agenda. It was getting sooooooooooo good and then cancellation :cry:

I've heard that Primeval did get really good, but by then I'd stopped watching and I could never get caught up. Maybe one of these days BBC America will start the show again from the beginning.