It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A HellGoddess in New York
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Well, I think most of you over on FB are already aware of this knowledge but I'd been waiting for a reasonable timeframe before posting it here.

5 weeks today (being Tue, June 2 where I'm sitting right now :lol: ) myself and the LegoKing are flying to New York!

Yep, I'm actually going onto the mainland of the US (have been to Hawaii but apparently for many this does not count....)

Alas, as the tickets were a) a gift (from my mum) & b) cheap it is a 'direct' flight. A direct flight is 21hrs of travel from Brisbane to New York btw :? However I get a 2hr change plane/terminal dashin Los Angeles.

The "Financial Crisis" meant when I say cheap tickets that both LegoKing & I are travelling for the same cost it was for my mum to go 18mths ago on her own :o

It is not what I had planned as my American trip. I really had wanted to do the Land on one side & visit friends/family there then train trip to the other side so I could take in some various Hellmouther cities & have many coffees 8-) . So, for that I apologise. My other half says I'll just have to wrangle a HUGE book deal so I can say "But I REALLY need to go to Houston, Lawrence, New Orleans (& Myth I haven't had coffee & am brain snapping your city)...." I mean on one level California would be easy.

Fiat - you would have to go north wouldn't you :lol: .

Okay. So there you have it. Me. In New York for 10 days.

Which reminds me if Ramones comes by - OI!!!! I'm still looking at you soul sis. Still working out the NY/Chicago/dates able to etc options............ :D That is not off the agenda! If I'm going to sit on a plane for 21 hrs next to the 6' LegoKin :o I'm by golly gee gosh going to do my damndest to get to meet at least one of you!!!!

So........any comments? Recommendations? Ideas for food/visits/things to be very afraid of (my sister & her husband do not count as I've already counted this fact in :lol: ).

Post subject: Re: A HellGoddess in New York
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:49 pm 

Waves to Glori :D

Here's an almost welcome to you here in the States. Are you coming re the book deal??? **excited**.

Let's see...you have Doc Furious/Wretch in NYC. He's awesome. I had drinks with him and miss him dearly. My daughter went to school in NYC. You are a year late to meet up with me in New York. Be prepared to drop a lot of cash.

21 hours :shock: You'd have to drug me or give me 6 bottles of vodka ;)

I'm up in Michigan, the 'mitten' state. Fiat is further up now in Canada with Otts.

Enjoy your 10/11 days in NYC. It will go by fast. Too bad you can't do the train trip. That would have been awesome.

Hugs and welcome. Oh....my son lives in Hawaii. Maybe when i go see him, I'll take a side trip Downunder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 am 

Myth I know! I wish I could do the train trip too.

I am maaaaaaaaaaybe doing a flyover to Chicago - like for 30 odd hours :lol: . I'm Australian we're used to doing crazy distances to get ANYWHERE (well, ok except Bali & New Zealand - but they don't count :lol: :shock: :lol: ).

Alas no book deal......yet. One day I'd like to be doing that (not to mention cracking the US market - breaking it down to numbers well let's say ours is a much smaller pond so therefore less fish).

Wretch is aware I'm in the city - I can't tell him where except a street number LMAO - the mail is NY, NY - doesn't help him much.

Least we no longer need visas :D .

Oh & the flight to Honolulu is quite the short one........only 14 hours :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:51 pm 

As of time of writing............

this time in TWO WEEKS people I'm on a big jet plane, LegoKing in tow..............

this time in THREE WEEKS - even scarier will be Ramones & I (& MYTH :twisted: :P :twisted: :lol: ) shall have met, had a night on the town & possibly have changed Chicago forever (opening hellmouths is never an easy thing but someone has to do it :lol: :? :shock: ).

Mwhahaahahahahahahaha*hairball,cough*hahahahahaha :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 pm 

Oh I know plenty of lawyers in the chi-town and some cops we are all good.
I am making plans comedy club cheap night is Monday and I am also getting free tickets for the Shedd and working on tickets for the Field museum. Also The park there is free and great. we will have a blast. Also bring your suit if you want I have pool privileges.