It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New series or old series....the score card.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:15 pm 

The MENTALIST - I like it so far. Adore Simon Baker.
SANCTUARY - Huh? I'll watch again due to my hunger for scifi shows.
LIFE - I think it has been great thus far this season,
FRINGE - Still watching.
DEXTER Yum. Hope it keeps up to the standards of S1 and S2.
CALIFORNICATION - I am always horrified watching the 'Hollywood' people...drug and sex freaks and so superficial. Yet I am entranced by the acting. Go figure.
ELEVENTH HOUR - Starts tomorrow I believe and I am looking forward to it and Rufus Sewell. Yum.
LIPSTICK JUNGLE - I can't believe I watch this because I am not a 'chick flick or chick series' type gal but I am guilty of liking this so far. I worry about myself :(

There's more....but your turn.

Post subject: Re: New series or old series....the score card.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:24 pm 

Pushing Daisies isnt holding my attention the way season 1 did. I'm hoping it gets better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 am 

Nora - That makes me feel better to know it's not just me. But then again, I've only watched the first ep of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:54 am 

I think there was a certain charm to PD first season with the love story but it feels a old now. I am hoping that they concentrate more on the crime solving because the premise is fun. I still love the whacky aunts and Olive as well as the Detective. Funny, I could do w/o the lead characters.................

I plan to watch LIFE ON MARS. I've never seen the BBC version ut I know that it is/was hugely popular and a critical success. The American version has an astounding cast.

Life would be a bitch w/o the DVR....but I find I don't have the time to watch the shows I've taped :|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:40 pm 

I watched LIFE ON MARS and I am duly impressed with the acting chops present with the cast. I thought it was okay and I will watch again to see if it grabs me.

ELEVENTH HOUR - It's about a famed scientist working with the FBI investigating the inexplicable. It grabbed me from the get go....I liked it a lot. It's different than FRINGE which is more 'out there'. Good cast and Marc Blucas was in the first episode and I enjoyed him in his role. I sincerely hope that he gets a regular spot in the cast. Rufus Sewell is yummy as usual (I love me my DARK CITY) and Mary Shelton should be a nice addition for the male viewers.

SANCTUARY was better this past Friday. I'll keep watching.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:18 pm 

Mmmm. Marc Blucas. :) :? :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:29 am 

re LIFE ON MARS

I too have watched the first to eps. Jason O'Mara is a wonderful actor. And not bad to look at. Then, of course, Imperioli and Keitel. That, right there, is reason enough to give it a shot. It was also nice to see Lisa Bonet again.

My only concern is that the coma/crazy/robot thing will get stale. All depends on where it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:15 am 

I watched the new ROBINSON CRUSOE last Friday. I saw the actors on the TODAY show and thought that they were way tooooooooooo good looking and hunky to be able to act. I was pleasantly surprised. It's escapism and probably will get canceled but the 2 lead actors are ripped and gorgeous.

Anyone watch ENTOURAGE or CALIFORNICATION?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 pm 

Okay....so what have we been watching?

I couldn't get into LIFE ON MARS, so maybe during re-run season or during the next strike :(

I absolutely love LIFE. I sincerely hope that someone else here watches this excellent show. The people who choose the music for this show do an excellent job. I am now hooked on new bands. The acting is wonderful and I love all the characters.

Still liking THE MENTALIST, PUSHING DAISES and FRINGE.

I still adore CHUCK and ELI STONE. Well done programs IMHO.

HEROES......WTF?? It's in serious trouble now with the ratings. The writers need to get their heads out of their butts. I do find that I am crushing on Sylar.... :o Do I need an intervention? I get all drooly when I think of Groucho Marx eyebrows :| The actor who plays Sylar seems an excellent choice to play a young Spock in the new STAR TREK movie.

Fpgey - I've been taping THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. To be watched at a later date. This show is suffering from low ratings this season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 am 

I just checked out canceled shows and I was kind of disappointed that PUSHING DAISES has been canceled even though it was starting to grate on my nerves. It was different.

STARGATE ATLANTIS will be gone and I don't know if it was due to lack of ratings or if it was decided that 5 seasons was enough.

LIPSTICK JUNGLE. Understandable

ELI STONE- I'm upset. I liked this little gem of a show.

BOSTON LEGAL- It was a decision to end this fine show. I loved the writing and the irreverent treatment of the court scenes. There could never be another attorney like Alan Shore who was a puppet for the brilliant arguments of David Kelly. Some of the best rantings and digs on issues in this country. I will miss you BL in all your brilliance and quirkiness.

LIFE - Big sigh of relief for me. This wonderful show is still okay. Keeps fingers crossed.

On an UP NOTE.....LEVERAGE is new and it is very enjoyable. It's on TNT Tuesday night. Christian Kane. Still yummy :P