It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject: Re: MOVIES! MOVIES! MOVIES!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:05 am 

See, I thought the acting was a little better (but not much) for NM, but I agree, most of them can't act. Especially Kristen Stewart. I cringed at her all the time. But I don't see how Twilight was better. The director for Twilight was HORRIBLE and the special effects were so much worse! I think the director for NM did what he could with what he was given, which wasn't a lot, but at least the special effects were a lot better. The vamps running fast actually looked like they were running fast and not like the ground was moving while they were jogging along. Yes, most of it is probably my seeing them come alive on the screen, but I can't see how Twilight was better in any way shape or form than NM. As much as I saw it in the theater and such, I know it wasn't a very good movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:23 pm 

Steph- I never read any of the books (and never will 8-), so TWILIGHT introduced the characters to me. I thought the acting was bad, but still, I got to know the characters and to be honest, I didn't expect much. I did expect better for the second movie and it was painfully bad for me. Expectations kill a lot of things for me. I'll wait for the cable release for any more of these films. I do blame a lot of it on the director though because he/she could have had a better vision and forced the actors not to be so 'stilted

Nora - Curiosity will kill me one day :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:33 pm 

Myth you can piss through those books in a day if you're really bored. Stephanie Whatsherface is a sloppy lazy writer. She writes decent dialogue but always takes the easy route for endings. Bella gets hurt and passes out and then they explain what happened to her when she wakes up, the end. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

*waits for the Twihards to attack*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:26 am 

I never said that the writing itself was good. It's just the way she writes is so easy to picture in my head that I get sucked in.

To each their own. I don't understand how people make through any of the Sookie Stackhouse series and yet that's still ongoing. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm 

Nora - There was no way in Hell that I would or will read the TWILIGHT books...unless someone paid me big bucks 8-)

Steph - I read 4 or 5 of the Sookie books and refused to read more. I couldn't take Sookie anymore and if you can't take the main character you have to bail. I did adore Eric though but I won't read any more of the books just because of him. CH did some interviews and it looked like she was going to finally have Sookie and Eric together but w/ the success of TB, she is now very wishy-washy with her thoughts. I do think book Sookie is better than TB Sookie at this point. I mean TB Sookie has been more of a dipshit. My draw for TB is Eric and Alexander Skaarsgard. Yum. I also adore Lafayette, Pam and Sam. I am totally pissed that Alan Ball has given Bill some of Eric's deeds on the show. Granted it is a different media and Ball can pretty much do what he wants but I really burn that Bill gets all the credit for things. And I really can't stomach how schmoopy the Sookie/Bill relationship is on the show. If I watch TB ON DEMAND, I tend to fast forward over the Bill/Sookie scenes. I know Bill Moyer can act but it sure doesn't seem like it when watching him on screen. Same with Anna Paquin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23